The history of Parisian tea salons is intimately tied to the history of the Ladurée family.
It all began in 1862, when Louis Ernest Ladurée, a miller from France’s southwest, created a bakery at 16 rue Royale in Paris.
Ladurée The Story Of The Macaroon
These small, round cakes, crisp on the outside, smooth and soft in the middle, are the most famous creation of Ladurée.
The story of the Ladurée macaron starts with Pierre Desfontaines, second cousin of Louis Ernest Ladurée , who at the beginning of the 20th century first thought of taking two macaroon shells and joining them with a delicious ganache filling.
The way of making them has never changed since that time.
These small, round cakes, crisp on the outside, smooth and soft in the middle, are made every morning in Ladurée laboratory.
The pastry chefs measure out very precisely the required amounts of almonds, eggs and sugar, before adding one final ingredient, a pinch of unique know-how, essential to the making of such a delicacy. Once cooked and filled, the macaroons are put to one side for 2 days before going on sale, the time it takes to achieve a perfect balance between texture and flavour.
With each new season,Ladurée pays tribute to its most famous creation by creating a new flavour.
The existing range of macaroons is always the starting point when a new one is created, as the variety of colours is as important as the range of flavours and a vital part of their appeal.
- Macaron collection:
- Flavours permanently available:
- Chocolate - Vanilla - Coffee - Rose - Pistachio - Raspberry - Caramel with salted
- butter - Red Fruits - Orange Blossom - Liquorice
- Seasonal flavours:
- Lemon - Lemongrass - Coconut - Mint - Spices and soft fruits - Chestnut - Praline -
- Blackcurrant and violet - Lilly of the valley - Mango and jasmine - Cherry and
- chocolate - Chocolate and passion fruit - Chocolate and cedrat lemon