Giancarlo, restaurateur met Katie, artist in 1997. He loved her painting, she loved his pasta. They now have two restaurants, a cookery school and two sons.
You can choose from our extensive selection of cooking courses, wine classes, children's classes and even our private dining or tailor-made cooking classes.
'The best way to really learn is to be involved in the cooking - our courses are very hands-on, offering plenty of opportunities to taste and try dishes whilst they are being prepared.'
Katie & Giancarlo Caldesi
La Cucina Caldesi in Marylebone, the only Italian cookery school in central London, provides an authentic Italian cooking and eating experience in a relaxed and intimate atmosphere; we offer a wide range of courses both for CORPORATE and PRIVATE entertaining, including 'hands-on' cookery events, chef demonstrations and wine tastings.
Groups from 8 to 24 people can be accommodated at a time to suit your convenience, daytime and evening, Monday to Sunday.
In addition to our range of tailor-made cookery courses we have created a range of courses ideal for hen/stag celebrations, a perfect way to commemorate your impending wedding or a chance to sharpen up your cookery skills.
We have included courses suitable for people who are budget and time conscious as well as mixed cooking abilities.
Hen & Stag Cookery Events
To help celebrate your impending wedding or a chance to sharpen up your cookery skills alongside our range of tailor-made cookery courses, we also offer the following:
- "A Taste of Italy"- hands on introduction to fresh pasta or pizza making
- "Quick & easy Italian" - selection of invaluable quick, easy, tasty Italian dishes
- "Bride to be - Italian essentials" - learn the basics of Italian cookery - bread, pasta, risotto ... & more
- "Dive into Chocolate" - tasting, tempering and take home your own hand made chocolate treats
- "Mojitos & macaroons" -seasonal cocktail making to enjoy with your own mouth-watering macaroons
Welcome reception of chilled prosecco & Caldesi nibbles
Italian wine with your meal
Course recipe packs
Option to invite friends to join you for lunch/supper on selected courses, (for a small charge) Prices: from £85 per person + vat