5 Star Weddings finds out about the new Tahiti Boudoir and what is important to brides when choosing the right shoe.
- 5 Star Weddings: You are one of the wedding industry’s most esteemed shoe designers, what inspired you to specialize in wedding shoes?
Freya Rose: There is something very magical and enchanting about the bridal industry. I work without boundaries and love incorporating and using the most wonderful and luxurious materials. I love the way shoes can make someone feel so special.
- 5 Star Weddings:What can brides expect from the Freya Rose custom-made shoe experience?
Freya Rose: We hold private appointments at our head office/showroom in Islington where you can try on different shoes with or without your dress plus there are veils and other accessories on hand. We talk to our bride-to-be about what they are looking for. about the dress and other accessories they plan to have.
This will help us understand what style they are looking to achieve. Once you have selected a basic shoe shape and heel size you can start with the fun part, the customisation. It is this that will make your bridal shoes truly unique – dye the shoes, incorporate some of lace from your dress, add pearls or Swarovski. What makes it even more special is that customization trims can often be fitted or detachable, which gives you the option to dye the shoes after your big day and use both clips and shoes again.
- 5 Star Weddings: What is your favourite shoe within the current collection?
Freya Rose:The new Tahiti Boudior, made from French Chantilly lace, and a oversized bow, It also incorporates our signature Mother of pearl heel.. Its extravagant yet elegant, delicate and vivacious..J’adore!
- 5 Star Weddings: How have wedding shoe styles changed over the years and what is popular at the moment?
Freya Rose: Brides are fashionable people and want to feel special, choice was limited and frustrated brides to have to wear shoes they didn’t ‘love’. Today there is more availability of more interesting and luxurious designs, however it is still relatively not easy to get your perfect wedding shoes without research. Classic designs remain popular however lace and bling is very much on trend!
- 5 Star Weddings: Are there any common concerns amongst brides looking for the perfect wedding shoe?
Freya Rose: Every body wants to be comfortable on there wedding day and and not have to compromise on style. So it always remains high importance to have comfort with style.
- 5 Star Weddings: Is there a limit to heel height that you’d recommend to brides?
Freya Rose: No go with what you feel comfortable in.
- 5 Star Weddings: Which shoe designers do you most admire and why?
Freya Rose: Roger Vivier is my all time favorite. His originality and attention to detail. Everything from the last and heel structure, to the colours and materials. They were beautiful, elegant and unique. A true inspiration
- 5 Star Weddings: Where do you get fresh ideas for your designs?
Freya Rose: Anything! I especially get inspired on my travels
- 5 Star Weddings: Have there been any famous wedding shoes that you have seen and admired?
Freya Rose: No none unfortunately.
- 5 Star Weddings: What in your opinion, makes a 5 star wedding?
Freya Rose: Beautiful surroundings, good wine, some live music to boogie to, humour, and obviously a bride with a beautiful pair of shoes!
For more designer shoes visit Freya Rose – Copyright: 5 Star Weddings