It was great to visit the UK’s most chic wedding event this weekend, The Designer Wedding Show in London. It was lovely to meet so many luxury wedding suppliers that are all so passionate about style and quality. I wanted to hear about the latest luxury wedding trends they are seeing for 2o13 and hear about their new collections.
Here are just a few of the suppliers I met and what I found about their new collections for 2o13.
- Circa Vintage Brides, have vintage inspired collection of bias cutting wedding gowns with ethereal Grecian tones in silk Crepe, georgette, satin, taffeta and French lace.
- Claire Thorogood, uses luxurious fabrics and exquisite embellishments, and Clare also had beautiful bespoke designs for the Mother of the Bride.
- Louise Selby told me that this season’s collection is notable for its glamorous simplicity achieved by her signature lace look with a textured approach. The look has been created by layering delicate lace over gently billow owing silk georgette by draping chiffon and tulle to magically skim feminine curves.
- Naomi Neoh has got her inspiration by the glamour of vintage Hollywood, romantic and unique. They are very striking and stylish creations and I hear they are incredibly comfortable.
I was so excited to try out the new photo booth by The Photo Emporium. They are certainly show stopping centre pieces for any wedding party. They provide studio quality photos in such a fun friendly booth! You can choose from Vintage, Classic to Airstream. The Air stream is a photobooth in a 1950’s airstream caravan.
I had the chance to sit in the most ultimate wedding car, a brand new White Rolls Royce Ghost, by London Chauffeuring Ltd. To hire this beauty is £980 for 3 hours.
- Ivy Ellen had the most beautiful handmade wedding stationery and invitations featuring authentic Swarovski crystals and the finest ribbon on luxurious boards. Their London Landmarks stationery is proving to be a big trend for 2013.
- GC Couture caught my eye and I just had to speak with Sash the creator of these stunning cakes. GC Couture have a wonderful new range called Through the Eras collection for 2013. The collection demonstrates beautiful cakes based on designs from the 1950s through to the modern day and contemporary wedding cakes.
- Chewton Glen, a 5 Star hotel set in Hampshire has 12 new luxury tree houses built high among the trees of a secluded valley, each Tree house is an unforgettable setting for unwinding, for relaxing, for simply being. The exterior architecture is in perfect harmony with the surrounding trees cape.
From their private balcony guests feel the ultimate seclusion; high above ground; far from everyday life. The interiors let nature in. Huge windows give a panoramic view through the canopy to the valley beyond.
- Top Tips from Michael Van Clarke included getting regular trims, and having regular treatments so you hair will be in tip top condition to style on your wedding day. Michael Van Clarke is seeing the goddess/classic Hollywood proving to be very on trend for 2013.
- Freya Rose designs collections that take innovative, romantic and breathtaking approach to classic couture wedding shoes. Freya showed me her brand new Ice Queen shoe that had been hand made with amazing embellishments that been put together from a top couturiers from Chanel. Her shoes start at £400 – £2,000.
If you visited The Designer Wedding Show I hope the whole experience inspired you to plan everything you need for a truly stylish wedding, do let me know as we would love to hear what you thought of the show!
- To see some more wonderful wedding suppliers visit 5 Star Wedding Directory.