Many people forget about lighting when they are planning their wedding reception according to Mike Walker, MD of party planning and events agency MGN events.
“Lighting is a key area that people find difficult to get right yet it is so important in creating a stunning atmosphere and making sure that you and your guests feel comfortable, relaxed and have a good time.”
To help make it easier, here’s are Mike’s top five tips to make sure your wedding reception lighting is covered:
- If you are planning an evening reception, look at the room that you are going to use for the reception after dark, as well as in the daytime. You can then see how the fixed lighting in the room works and think about what lighting you need for your reception to add the right atmosphere, up-lighters might be the perfect solution to bring the room to life at night.
- If your reception is in a venue where the dance floor and tables and chairs are set up in different parts of the same room, use different coloured lighting separate the two areas and create atmosphere.
- Coloured lighting really adds atmosphere to a room. Use different colours to really set the mood for each part of the evening – right through from welcome drinks to a meal and dancing. This can be pre-programmed and done at touch of a button if you use an intelligent lighting system.
- If you expect your guests to use outdoor space in the evening, ensure that steps and uneven services are well lit to avoid accidents. Create a magical atmosphere by hanging lanterns in outside space, or if you are on a budget, why not try tea lights in old glass jam jars, and use them to light paths or shrubbery.
Great lighting can be set up around any size of budget – think about what you want to do first, talk to your venue and take advice from an event planner or lighting designer. Even the simplest lighting schemes can impress your guests if they are done right.
- For more details contact mgnevents.com
Leave this field empty