Getting married overseas has become more popular over the past few years, offering a great alternative to marrying in the UK. The attraction of guaranteed sunshine beautiful unblemished beaches and fabulous luxury resorts is almost too good to miss, and we found that many couples come to the conclusion that this would be the ideal setting in which to exchange their vows. 5 Star Wedding Directory found the most popular wedding destinations include:
Barbados, Florida, Mauritius, St Lucia, Antigua, Maldives, Venice, Paris, Las Vagas, Seychelles, Cyprus and the Dominican Republic.
Here are a few things to consider if you decide to marry abroad.
1) A minimum of 24 hours residence
2) Return air tickets
3) You will be required to produce documents such as a passport and if you have been married previously you will need proof of your divorce certificate.
4) If you are under 21 years if age you will need parental consent.
5) Most registrars will want to meet you at least 24hrs prior to the marriage so that they can talk you through their requirements and any payments.
Another pont to remember is that even though your wedding will be official and you will have a marriage certificate, you will need to register your marriage with your local registrar on you return back home.
There are a number of benefits to getting married abroad.
1) You can invite close friends and family to share your big day as part of a unique holiday.
2) You will have a private and very personal ceremony.
3) If you have complicated family issues it can be a good way of celebrating a marriage without the traditional constraints.
4) It can be more cost effective, on average a marriage and a two week holiday will cost between £2,000 and £6,000 depending of course on the location you choose.
5) It also give you another opportunity to have another party when you arrive home to celebrate.
Check out our luxury wedding directory to find out more!Tags: Close Friends Luxury Resorts Parental Consent St Lucia Vows