Mr. and Mrs. Smith recently celebrated their ten-year anniversary by creating their Smith Awards. Among the various categories was “Sexiest Hotel Room”
Room 505 at Blakes Hotel London, reached number one, which bills itself as the first boutique hotel in the world was designed by Anouska Hempel, a London-based hotelier and interior designer whose portfolio includes the flagship Louis Vuitton store in Paris and retail stores for Van Cleef and Arpels.
Inside the suite dubbed the sexiest bedroom in the world, couples are greeted by a four-poster king-sized bed draped in light gossamer nets and a pair of exquisitely detailed mother-of-pearl dressers.
The bright airy room with high ceilings and clean, white elegance has made the Corfu Suite at Blakes Hotel London a favorite among honeymooning couples Mr and Mrs Smith, who named the French Provencal suite the world’s sexiest hotel bedroom.
Here are the winners:
- Best Smith Hotel 2013: Post Ranch Inn, Big Sur, California, USA
- Sexiest Bedroom in the World: Blakes Hotel, London
- Best-Dressed Hotel: Alila Villas Uluwatu, Bali
- Hottest Hotel Bar: Ace Hotel, New York
- Best Spa Hotel: Como Bali
- Best Hotel Restaurant: Bastide de Moustiers, Moustiers-Sainte-Marie, Provence, France
- Best for Families: Soneva Kiri, Koh Kood, Thailand
- The Eco Award: Sextantio Albergo Diffuso, L’Aquila, Abruzzo, Italy
- Best Budget Boutique Hotel: Brody House, Budapest
- The Greatest Outdoors: Dunton Hot Springs, Colorado, USA
- Above and Beyond Award: The Upper House, Hong Kong
- Best Newcomer: Fogo Island Inn, Newfoundland, Canada