The Essential Hotel Collection is the UK voice for 13 handpicked luxury Caribbean hotels, providing personal, intimate knowledge of each destination and resort. They share this insider knowledge with us here to recommend the best hotel to spend your honeymoon to suit your personality, from romantic cliff top hide-aways not to mention your very own private island!
BEST FOR FOODIES:
- Want to spend your honeymoon enjoying delicious fine dining, Calabash in Grenada is your resort –Caribbean hotels don’t get much more luxurious! The English owned hotel houses Gary Rhodes restaurant with an outstanding menu as you can expect. This small all-suite hotel can also tempt you with pampering at the oceanfront spa and yoga classes. Calabash along with some of the other Essential Hotel Collection Hotels ensures all honeymoon couples receive champagne and a suite upgrade.
- For a rejuvenating boost after the big day, the stunning CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa in Anguilla handpick fresh fruit, vegetables and herbs from the hotels hydroponic farm and organic gardens for its menus – picture a candlelit private dinner for two set on a two-mile stretch of pure white sand with some of the finest food in the Caribbean. CuisinArt also boasts one of the largest spas in the region for some premium pampering.
BEST FOR FAMILY FUN:
- Little Good Harbour is a family owned boutique, located away from the bustle further south on the island. It is ideal for honeymooners with families who would like accommodation with more independence, rather than the experience of a large resort hotel that can sometimes be overwhelming. If you can drag yourself away from your private roof top terrace, head down to dinner at the famous Fish Pot restaurant.
- Round Hill Hotel & V illas resort has an extensive children’s programme with endless activities– a wide variety of water sports, double-infinity pool and the beautiful Jamaican landscape ready to be explored. We found it so easy to fall in love with Round Hill’s whole aura – it is helplessly stylish and chic. The villas offer guests the perfect privacy for your escape from reality, perfect for a honeymoon.
BEST FOR ROMANCE:
- The Atlantis Hotel, positioned right on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean, makes for a romantic hot spot with its breathtaking sights – The truly romantic oversized and oceanfront rooms with four-poster beds are an ideal sanctuary for Caribbean honeymoons and a menu to die for helps too. If you are thinking of exploring the island, add a stay here on the rugged East Coast after a stay on the West side at its sister resort, Little Good Harbour.
- East Winds Inn, sat in one of St Lucia’s most sheltered bays guests can enjoy gorgeous gardens and a stunning secluded beach. It is perfect for couples and honeymooners throughout the entire year who want to relax on their own in the stunning surroundings. We particularly love the romantic champagne picnic lunches the chef will organise for you if you want to spend the day out, discovering the beautiful island of St Lucia.
BEST FOR LUXURY:
- Jamaica Inn is a small and perfect all-suite hotel resting on 700ft of Jamaica’s premier private beach with a wide selection of stylish suites and cottages with private pools, dramatic ocean views, oversized bathrooms with outdoor showers and completely private peninsulas for relaxing. Jamaica Inn has all the ingredients for a seriously romantic Caribbean honeymoon.
BEST FOR A HONEYMOON WITH A DIFFERENCE?
- For a truly unique honeymoon this can be made a reality with Young Island; here newlyweds can escape civilisation on their own private island with views across to other beautiful Grenadine islands which are a short sail away. The best way to appreciate these spectacular views is eating fresh lobster and drinking champagne in your own private gazebo.
- Bequia Beach Hotel would be another unforgettable experience– in true1950s style glamour and an adoring concept of Beverly Hills-style pool cabanas (unique to the Caribbean), you’ll never forget your stay. The Oliver Messel inspired stylish rooms and the Swedish Michelin star chef is just a bonus.
- For more information on all of the Essential Hotel Collection please visit: essentialhotelcollection.co.uk