We have just been sent this amazing photo shoot sent in by the amazing Elizabeth’s Cake Emporium. On a cold winter’s day which saw the first snowflakes of the year, the creative talents of some of the UK’s leading wedding suppliers came together for a styled shoot inspired by the Majestic Splendour of one of the UK’s most historic palaces.
Blenheim Palace was a gift from Queen Anne and a grateful nation to the 1st Duke of Marlborough, following his famous victory at the Battle of Blenheim (derived from Blindheim) in 1704.
The Palace and its treasures includes family portraits, sculptures, and the famous ‘Victory Tapestries’ charting successful military campaigns. Also, Sir Winston Churchill, cousin of the 9th Duke, best known for his outstanding leadership of the UK during the Second World War, was born at Blenheim Palace in 1874.
Given unprecedented access to the venue, the massive Orangery was transformed through the use of unique floral designs (the floral tree centerpieces alone were over 6 foot tall), floral artistry, inspired table settings, Chiavari chairs and specially commissioned thrones.
The hand embroidered couture gowns worn by the beautiful models were made from the finest quality silks, satins, brocade and lace and featured the most sumptuous embellishments. These were perfectly accessorised with tiaras, jewellery and brooch bouquets made from semi precious stones in rich colours such as amethysts, garnets, rubies and pearls.
The luxurious wedding cakes in matching colours were decorated with edible gold cameos, cherubs and expertly crafted sugar flowers whilst the impressively laden dessert table featured fruit including pomegranates, figs and grapes; cupcakes, mini cakes, custom made cookies with the Marlborough Crest, bon bon jars, meringues, cake pops, petit fours, cupcakes, fondant fancies, and hand made chocolates.
Beautifully captured by Cristina Rossi photography, the are a perfect reflection of the dedication and hardwork of all involved and the vision of Cedar Events who styled the shoot.
- Venue: Blenheim Palace (with special permission from His Grace, The Duke of Marlborough) – www.blenheimpalace.com
- Stylist: Cedar Events – www.cedar-events.co.uk
- Photography: Cristina Rossi Photography– www.cristinarossi.co.uk
- Videography: Urban Cinematography – www.urbancinematography.com
- Wedding Dresses: Kosibah – www.kosibah.co.uk
- Stationery & Brooch Bouquets: The Finer Details – www.thefinerdetails.co.uk
- Jewellery & Headpieces: Rosie Weisencrantz – www.rosieweisencrantz.com
- Shoes: Marsha Hall Handmade Shoes – www.marshahall.com
- Cake, Cupcakes, Cakepops and Sweet Tables: Elizabeth’s Cake Emporium – www.elizabethscakeemporium.com
- Flowers, Thrones & Props: Essential Flowers – www.essential-flowers.net
- Make Up Artist: Kemi Kings – www.kemikings.com
- Hair Styling: Kasia Fortuna – www.kasiafortuna.co.uk
- Linen: Over The Top Rentals – www.overthetoprentals.co.uk
- Gold Chiavari Chairs & Clear Beaded Chargers: iAM Wedding Hire – www.iamweddinghire.com
- Models: Chloe Penney, Gayle Thompson-Igwebike and Olaya Diez Del Corral