These days Easter comes already packaged in fancy wrapping. However, Mount Cinnamon’s new seven-night Easter experience will provide guests with a real insight into the source and production of the key ingredients we take for granted when celebrating Easter. From chocolate, to spices and rum – Easter comes wrapped with the blessing of Grenada’s fair-trade farmers.
Guests will have the opportunity to visit the Grenada Chocolate Company, the chocolate that is gaining a real following amongst chocolate aficionados here in the UK. See coco pods harvested, produced to the finished chocolate, plus the production of spices and rum – essential ingredients used for the Easter favorite – Simnel Cake. And from harvest to kitchen, Mount Cinnamon’s chef, Janice will take up the challenge to show guests a selection of Grenadian Easter classics, using the main ingredients at Mount Cinnamon’s sister property, Mount Edgecombe a 17th century working plantation. Janice, will give an interactive cookery class to guests, demonstrating and explaining how the island’s ingredients play a pivotal role in Easter. Bake Grenada’s version of Simnel cake with spices harvested from Mount Edgecombe’s grounds!
The package includes:
- Seven nights at Mount Cinnamon Resort, including breakfast
- One day’s excursion to Mount Edgecombe, with garden walk, chocolate and spice cookery class and lunch.
- Excursion to the Grenada Chocolate Company to see the production
- Excursion to River Antoine Rum Distillery – the last distillery in the Caribbean which makes rum directly from cane sugar
- Spice and Chocolate goodie bag
- Garden tour
Price starts from US$2930 (£1,815) inclusive of taxes in a one-bedroom suite, based on two people sharing. For a family of four, price will be US$3230 (£2,001).
Peter de Savary’s Mount Cinnamon Resort and Beach Club offers discerning guests the ultimate Caribbean resort experience. 21 suites and villas provide spacious accommodation, all with magnificent garden settings, offering undisturbed privacy. Overlooking the undulating Grand Anse Beach, intuitive staff caters to every whim, ensuring an unforgettable holiday from beginning to end.
- For further information visit mountcinnamongrenadahotel.com