Leading US Bridal Designer, Anne Barge, talks exclusively to 5 Star Weddings about her latest collections. Anne Barge is a red carpet veteran having dressed Hollywood’s finest including Nicole Scherzinger and Julia Ormond. We hear how her glamourous bridal collections are inspired by glamour’s golden age.
- 5 Star Weddings: Tell us about the thoughts and ideas that went behind creating your 2012 collection
Anne Barge: My thoughts and ideas for the Fall 2012 collection were romantic and traditional fabrications translated into modern and figure flattering styles. i particularly loved the Guipere strapless lace mini dress called Chatham with its voluminous taffeta overskirt so reminiscent of Grace Kelly.
- 5 Star Weddings: Your bridal gowns are very glamorous and have that ‘red carpet’ feel is hollywood glamour an inspiration for your designs?
Anne Barge: I think of real Hollywood glamour being what it was in the 1930’s through the 1960’s, so I am definitely more influenced by that period of classic elegance than what is out there today.
- 5 Star Weddings: What is your all-time favourite dress designed by you?
Anne Barge: My all time favourite dress! Wow! That would be a contest between our styles 612 and 617!
- 5 Star Weddings: The elements of vintage & lace have been hugely popular in the UK since last year’s royal wedding, is this the same in the US or do you Find American brides are following different trends?
Anne Barge: The world is very small now, so definitely vintage and lace are very strong in the US as well. I think the Kate Middleton dress definitely brought back a regal elegance to bridal fashion which was much needed, and certainly the lace work on her gown was magnificent!
- 5 Star Weddings: You have dressed a number of Hollywood A-listers for red carpet events,can you tell us if you have designed for any celebrity brides?
Anne Barge: Meredith Eaton from the US TV shows Boston Legal and NCIS.
- 5 Star Weddings: Whose style are you currently loving?
Anne Barge: I love the style of Anne Hathaway, it’s so classic and elegant.
- 5 Star Weddings: Our closest store is currently in Ireland, any plans to open a store In Britain?
Anne Barge: Having lived in London for three years as Managing Director for Richard Branson’s Virgin bride, I would LOVE to have a store in London carry the ANNE BARGE collection as I know that it would do well. I know the UK bride!
- 5 Star Weddings: Do you have a favourite bridal accessory designer?
Anne Barge: My favourite bridal accessories designers are Homa and Paris and I adore the veils by Peter Langner!
- 5 Star Weddings: Which celebrity bride would you most like to dress and why?
Anne Barge: I would love to dress Taylor Swift when she gets married! She has such a timeless beauty and really reminds me of Audrey Hepburn ‘s and Grace Kelly’s refined and sophisticated style.
- 5 Star Weddings: What in your opinion, makes a 5 star wedding?
Anne Barge: A 5 Star Wedding is simple and understated elegance in both the wedding attire, floral design, lighting, linens, crystal, china, place cards. I especially love the breath taking but traditional style of London’s Mark Niermeko.
For more designs see Anne Barge.Tags: anne barge Bridal Gowns julia ormond Taffeta Veteran Wedding Gowns