By now you may have gathered that we were absolutely over the moon to win an award at the Wedding Blog Awards last weekend. So, in true 5 Star Wedding Directory style, here’s a sneak peek at our wonderful evening and a little review of the hotel we were lucky enough to experience.
We were thrilled to be short-listed in the ‘Best Big-Day Inspiration – Honeymoons’ category, and as the big day approached, our excitement grew! The awards ceremony was to be held in the Andaz Hotel – a gorgeous, grand 5 star boutique hotel – just our style! This historic station hotel is old and grand, but has been beautifully modernised, with a spacious and airy lobby with fantastic atrium, and six (yes, six!), dining locations.
After arriving and checking in, we made our way to our room – one of the best in the hotel! The décor was lovely, with designer Eames furniture, gorgeously plush bed and stylish black and white bathroom with lovely original features and divine bath products by local perfumer T London.
In One Clothing supplied my attire for the night – a wonderful dress that can be worn in multitude of styles, depending on your shape and style preferences. These dresses are perfect for bridesmaids who may have differing body shapes – the dress can be worn sleeveless, with a halter-neck, one shoulder strap, with short sleeves, high neck, V neck – the possibilities with the dress are nearly endless!
Coming in an amazing range of colours (nearly 30!), and with children’s options as well, these dresses are a perfect fit for everyone – and so easy to wear, I would highly recommend them! They supplied accessories as well, so, feeling a million dollars, and with a ball of nerves bouncing around inside, we made our way down to the amazing 1901 ballroom where the awards ceremony was taking place. The room is simply stunning. With a high ceiling and amazing ceiling window of stained glass, our breath was momentarily taken away. There was such a buzz – the champagne and canapes circulated, we caught up with some familiar friends and were delighted to meet some new faces – it was lovely to meet the legendary Prince Cassius!
And so the announcement of awards began… The charming and friendly Gethin Jones played host, and our nerves and excitement grew even further. And then they got to our category… Best Big-Day Inspiration – Honeymoons’. We were so surprised and absolutely ecstatic when ‘5 Star Wedding Directory’ was announced and we ushered up on to the stage. I was so overwhelmed I could barely make it up on to the stage! But we did, and I’m so glad there’s photographic evidence, as it all passed in such a blur!
We feel so privileged to have won, it’s amazing to be amongst such great wedding bloggers – we are simply over the moon. There are so many people that are instrumental in our success, so thank you to you, our readers, who voted for us, to In One Clothing who supplied my dress, to Botias, for my immaculate hair and makeup, and to Wedding Magazine for hosting such a wonderful night. Additional thanks for the winners’ goody bag – full of treats including a lucky sixpence from the Royal Mint, who sponsored the event. In addition to our goody bag, we also received a Trick or Treat box full of Halloween goodies, which we have very much enjoyed exploring, full of masks, make up and sweets – we’re ready for the 31st!
And so the evening continued – a live band and dancing, a fun photo booth by Photo Buzz UK, a simply amazing cake by Elizabeth’s Cake Emporium and delicious little cupcakes as well. We headed back to our room delighted and exhausted!
Breakfast the next morning was served in the 1901 ballroom – the same room that the ceremony had been held in the night before – but gone was the award adornments, and in their place was a wonderful breakfast buffet. The selection seemed endless and we ate like royalty. After breakfast it was straight back to work, and we were treated to a tour of the hotel by Guest Services Manager Alex.
This hotel has fabulous architecture and would be a stunning place to hold a wedding. They have a range of unique and diverse spaces:
- the Great Eastern room and Gallery – the six storey atrium gallery would be a perfect place to hold a cocktail reception, and the Great Eastern room is such a lovely contemporary space with fun coloured lighting. The room is really flexible, and you can have up to 220 guests seated for a meal.
- The Bishopsgate and Chancery rooms are interconnected, providing a superb space for reception cocktails or after dinner dancing. It’s one of the most popular spaces for weddings, with magnificent original cornicing, classic fireplace, ornate chandeliers and some really great modern art.
- Fenchurch – this room is such a sweet space, perfect for holding your wedding ceremony. We loved the gorgeous, ornate detailing in the room.
- The Temple is an original Grade 1 listed masonic temple which would provide a unique space for an intimate wedding meal or an after dinner party. It would certainly be something different for your guests!
- The Andaz Studio is something truly unique! It will seat up to 48 for a meal that will be prepared in front of you in the open plan kitchen.
- And then there’s the 1901 ballroom – the magnificent Grade II listed room in which you can enjoy your wedding meal underneath such a pretty stained glass dome window – one of London’s original stained glass domes.
After our fantastic tour we had a leisurely check out and made our way home, reliving the wonderful memories of the night before.
We have so many exciting developments here at 5 Star Wedding Directory that we just can’t wait to share with you! Keep your eyes on the horizon for some new features and thank you for your support – we couldn’t have won this award without you!
Congratulations to our fellow nominees and winners, here’s a list of who won what!
Images throughout: Priceless Memories Photography. With thanks to: Andaz London Liverpool Street.